+Retinol Vitamin C Moisturiser
Transformative Turnaround Cream
Two gold standard anti-aging ingredients. One transformative turnaround cream.
Retinol & Vitamin C are potent skincare ingredients known to firm, smooth and brighten. Kate and her team of Skin Health Experts uniquely formulated this moisturizer with Pure Retinol & Ascorbic Acid (pure Vitamin C) in a stabilized clinical formulation that firms, smooths & brightens skin overnight.
We’ve perfected what works, what is safe, and how to formulate active ingredients that deliver transformative results with minimal irritation.
PM Only. Apply a thin, even layer to face and neck.
Reduce the frequency of use if sensitivity occurs. While using this product, also use a daily sunscreen. Do not combine multiple retinol products in the same application.
Please be mindful that Kate Somerville is a clinical brand and we pride ourselves on real results. While we infuse our active ingredients with vitamins and botanicals for minimal downtime, if you haven’t used a particular ingredient at a clinically proven level before, we recommend you always patch test first. (Apply to a small area of the skin).
If you are pregnant or breast feeding we would not recomend in using Retinol & Salicyclic Acid in your routine. If you have any concerns at all we advise you to consult your GP or Pharmacist and show them the ingredients list before using the product. This can be found on our ingredient tab via each product.
"In your 20s, start using Retinol 1-2 times a week. In your 30s, increase to 3 times and so on per decade. If you experience sensitivity, reduce frequency. Let your skin guide you."
As Skin Health Experts, we talk to people every day about their top skin concerns and product questions. Here are some of our top FAQs from real customers.
- Does it help for hyperpigmentation?
- Yes! Retinol and Vitamin C are well known actives with brightening benefits. Retinol helps to increase skin cell turnover which thereby results in a diminished appearance of discoloration and spots. Vitamin C works to brighten and even skin tone for an overall glow!
- Is this a day cream? I thought that retinol doesn't work during the day if it comes into contact with the sun or am I wrong?
- No,+Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer should be used as instructed, PM only.
- What is the difference between this and +Retinol Vitamin C Serum?
- While both are excellent products, +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer offers moisturization properties not provided by the serum. The serum is an excellent option for individuals who have oily skin but still want the benefits of Retinol.
- Can I use this with DermalQuench Liquid Lift® +Retinol?
- With Retinol, more does not mean better. Retinol is a strong active that can also cause dryness and flaking of skin. We recommend alternating usage of these products, i.e. +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer on one evening and DermalQuench Liquid Lift® +Retinol on the other evening.
- Retinol is making me break out. Is this normal?
- Dryness, flaking, peeling and redness are all normal experiences when your skin is new to Retinol. In order to mitigate this, we recommend starting slow, using retinol only 1 to 2 times a week at first, and slowly increasing usage as your skin adjusts. We also suggest trying the +Retinol Vitamin C Power Serum as it may be more suitable for your skin type.
- I have the +Retinol Vitamin C Serum. Do you use that under the moisturizer or are they separately used?
- With Retinol, more does not mean better. Retinol is a strong active that can also cause dryness and flaking of skin. We recommend alternating usage of these products, i.e. +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer on one evening and +Retinol Vitamin C Power Serum on another.
- Can this be used over an application of Wrinkle Warrior® 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer?
- Wrinkle Warrior® 2-in-1 is designed to eliminate the need for separate steps of serum and moisturizer. This product is a serum and moisturizer all in one, so there is no need to apply an additional moisturizer on top of it. If you want to apply +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer in addition to Wrinkle Warrior® 2-in-1, we recommend applying the +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer first, allowing it to fully absorb and then applying Wrinkle Warrior® 2-in-1.
- I've been using this nightly for about a week now. It makes my face flaky. Is this normal? Or should I decrease my usage? I use a facial scrub to help remove the flakes but that's not 100% effective either. Anything else I can do?
- Dryness, flaking, peeling and redness are all normal experiences when your skin is new to Retinol. In order to mitigate this, we recommend starting slow, using Retinol only 1 to 2 times a week at first, and slowly increasing usage as your skin adjusts.
- I have never used +Retinol before, but it has been highly recommended. As a beginner, should I start with the moisturizer or serum?
- Everyone's skin is unique. As a beginner to Retinol, we recommend using the +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer first. This product offers moisturizing benefits to combat the drying and flaking commonly seen when skin is newly adjusting to Retinol usage. We also recommend beginning slow. In order to mitigate dryness and flaking, start slowly, using the product 1 to 2 times a week and gradually increasing as your skin adjusts.